Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Free Shipping Until August


Three things I'm already missing: (and I haven't even left yet) Friendship, irresponsibility, and laziness. I've finally taken the time to review the apartment listings the realtors have forwarded. I've decided that I would like to live in downtown Houston. Houston, America's "Space City," is thriving with plenty to do. I want to be part of that.


I've finally narrowed the list of downtown apartments to one: The Lofts at the Ballpark. There is a unit available there (Loft L) that meets my specifications and my price range. The complex looks nice with plenty of amenities. It's literally across the street from Minute Maid Park, home of the Astro's.


There appears to be plenty to do around there area, too. Restaurants and bars are aplenty. First and foremost, The Hub. A few words on The Hub:
The Scene
The gargantuan neon lights on the facade of Houston's ultimate bar are hard to miss. Those looking to avoid the downtown scene's chichi blandness will appreciate the festive and slightly rowdy atmosphere. The emphasis here is on fun, not fashion. A long couch snakes around one side of the main room. Tall cocktail tables are interspersed throughout, and "The Matrix" plays on two large TV screens flanking the bar.

The Draw
An interracial crowd of 20- and 30-somethings carouse to DJ Patrick as he cues everything from David Allen Coe cuts to 50 Cent romps. A la "Coyote Ugly," don't be surprised to see shot girls and scantily clad female patrons jump on the bar and dance to the delight of the masses below.

Needless to say, it's going to be mighty easy to entertain guests. And the best part, its distance from the apartment: 1.01 miles.

Invista has agreed to pay for my relocation, I've found a sweet place to live, and until I start, I've got nothing to do. Being a young professional has its kicks. However, I'm still going to miss having friends around 24 hours a day. Book your flights now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home