Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Office: La Porte

(If the links to the pictures give you a 403: Forbidden error, click on the address and hit enter)

Another day, another dollar. This is where I've been spending about 50% of my time. This is my office. I inherited it from a woman whose name is unpronounceable. The office was left untouched from her move-out. I've had to sift through her stuff (keep in mind she has lots of female "stuff" in the desk) to dig myself a place to work. It's starting to feel more homey. With a poster or two, it'll be just like the family room at Hoover.





Today was the nicest day I've had so far. It was only 91F and the humidity was a mere 31%. Things at work are great. I've been spending a lot of time trying to figure out how things run, who does what, and how I fit in. Monday I was greeted at 7:30AM to an e-mail telling me "...the K-Tron precoat feeder is down. Will you fix it?" First and foremost, I knew just as much as you about what the Hell they wanted me to do. Secondly, after tackling this problem now for three days, it remains unsolved. I've done a lot of work and now am able to help the 30+ year veterans fix the problem and there's a work order in for some final work to be done Friday morning. This will mark the first profitable contribution I've made.



Today I also stole some time to enroll in Koch's benefit program. Starting September 1st, I will be covered with health and dental insurance. This might now seem like a big deal... it's not. It just seems weird that a couple of weeks ago, I was worried about this.

I also set up a 401(k) account with JPMorgan and will start, with my first paycheck, to invest 3% of my salary in to a retirement fund. I'm 23. I'm investing in my retirement.

I'm headed back to Michigan this friday to attend a wedding for a high school friend, Nick Smith. I'll spend Friday in Ann Arbor, stick around for a bit of the tailgate Saturday, and then make my way to Rochester Hills for a wedding. Not only am I investing in my future, my friends are getting married. On a similar note, Zach Warlick just turned 24. My friends are a quarter of a century old.

What do you think about New Years 2k6 --> 2k7: Houston?


Note: I just counted and I have 26 Brown Jug pens that will soon occupy the mug on my desk.

2 Comments:

At 9/08/2006 3:01 PM, Blogger Nate said...

Your blog lies fallow.

Update it.

 
At 3/29/2013 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gynexin Plus - The top rated fat burner pills are becoming
the most sought after by people from all over the lodge.


Here is my weblog - how much does male breast reduction cost

 

Post a Comment

<< Home