Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Minute Maid Park

I spent the afternoon today on a guided tour of Minute Maid Park. The park, opened in 2000, is fantastic. It is a major engineering feat with a retractable roof, astonishing HVAC system, and manicured field. The tour was informative and we got to see some places I surely won't be able to go tonight like the dugout, bullpen, media broadcasting room, suites, managers offices, and the diamond club.








It was an awesome experience and at the beginning of the tour, the tour guide had the group go around and have people say where they were from. Going around the group, there were lots of Chicagoans, some people from California, and when prompted, I was, "...from two blocks down the street." It's a neat feeling to be able to call myself a Houstonian.




















As we were moving from level to level, I also was able to get a great view of my apartment. It really is two blocks away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home