Monday, September 11, 2006

A Unique Experience

A short note: Early last week, I was invited by one of the guys mentoring me to attend church with his two younger daughters. He told me it was one of the "new" churches and I got the impression it'd be something like New Life. Thinking I'd try anything once, I graciously accepted his offer and planned on meeting his two daughters Sunday morning at a "new-age" church downtown.

Sunday morning I got a call from one of his daughters with directions and the time things got rolling. I showed up around 12:20PM and was greeted with open arms by everyone I saw. The "unique" part of the experience is that I was the only white person attendance that morning. The service was great, the music was awesome, and it was a great experience. I can't say if I'll go back again but I'm sure glad I went.

3 Comments:

At 9/11/2006 11:16 PM, Blogger Nate said...

Brent,

This story is boring.

Cut to the important stuff:

Were there any bums there? Did you speak to any bums? Did anyone look like a bum?

Any hilarious racially stereotypical observations to report?

Dammit, Brent, give the people what they want.

 
At 9/12/2006 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i lauged more at nate's comment than at anything brent has blogged about in the last 68 years. thanks nate.

vickery

 
At 9/12/2006 12:14 AM, Blogger MJA said...

black.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home